Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 September 2009

Headaches are good for the soul... (I think?!)

Just catching up on reading I should have done for the first lecture, last Monday.

I'm reading about Methods of Theological Reflection.

You may be asking "what the heck is that?", well basically it's about our practice as Christians informing our Theology. It sounds as if that means practice first, but it's actually a bit more complicated than that. In actual effect, it goes like this: we take part in an action because we believe things, but the very taking part raises questions for us about what we believe. In a way, it's a circle of theory and practice. Theological Reflection then, is the method of reflecting on our practice so that we can question our theology (what we know/believe about God), so that it effects the way we live it out!

Simple, see?!

*sighs*

I wish the book I'm reading at the moment was that simple, academics just LOVE to make things more complicated and go into every single minutae of a model or theory (in this case of Reflection) and then use LOTS of big words to explain and test it out!!

I'm enjoying thinking through all this stuff, but it is giving me a headache!

No comments:

Post a Comment